Monday, October 1, 2012

Tackling the Studio (a.k.a. the basement)

Everything is being pulled from boxes & sorted,
waiting for pegboard and shelves.
Evening friends, this weeks undertaking is a big one.  I am setting out to to transform our basement into a Studio/Craft Room for my Bloomin' Bows & all those projects we are going to bring to life from all local sources.  You have to be a real visionary to see what this mess of concrete walls and 2x4 studs has the potential to be........

I realized it's not the beautiful painted walls, plus carpet & white modular craft storage that so many are fond of at your local craft store BUT the whole room is mine. I can arrange it how I want. I have some large area rugs to go down as soon as I clear my tables and little by little it will be my own 
escape from reality and a way to express myself through many forms of crafty-ware!  
Eeeekkk.... I can't wait!

So after MUCH nagging & begging I FINALLY got my hubby to get down here and hang all my pegboard. After he suffered much frustration with drilling holes into the cement walls and then the screws not holding, I sort of suggested an idea I had seen on Pinterest about using liquid nail. After a brief pause, a side look with a smirk, he said "that's not a bad idea, glad I thought of it". So after a 3rd run to Home Depot, he came back with "the stuff" to get my pegboard on the wall!

Yes, that is my sweet hubby putting in place
the spacing boards for my pegboard.


So the boards with us very easy (almost too easy, maybe I will get more projects done around the house now). As soon as those were up and level the pegboard went up even easier.

Now I know it has a long way to go, but don't you think it has potential?  Come on, are you seeing my vision yet?






Paint the table, put in some more lighting, find some nifty pegboard baskets, shelves & such and I will have a real working craft extravaganza!  And look, there is room enough to have several projects going at one time, which is usually the case with me. So now I have to work on a special order for some Minnie Mouse bows & LOOK! I can find everything I need, everyone sigh with me...
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I would love to hear your thoughts of what I have going here, what would you do differently? Any suggestions, I think it needs color don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment